Thread: 1992 Chevy P30

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I put everything back together this morning thinking I'd repaired the bad ground and I was ok. It started and ran fine last night.
    It didn't get warmed up to go down to the tank dump this morning before it was acting up again. This has become the consistent pattern.
    Got back in and checked the ground on the thermo-housing, cut the ring terminal off and saw that the wire was discolored back under the insulation, got aggressive and cut 4" back off the wire till it was well and clean and crimped on a new extension tail and new ring. Fastened it to the alternator bracket. Seemed ok for a hot minute, but it didn't maintain it's manners for the 1/4 mile to the dump station. And it flipped the speedometer needle all the way over also which I've never seen before.
    I ordered a replacement 7060 ECU off of Ebay, I gotta get this thing driveable soon and I can't think of anything I've left un-checked.
    Re-checked the TPS voltage (it was a little high) Set the throttle screw to adjust, and then re-did the IAC set procedure too just for grins. I didn't need to adjust for base idle - it was good, but it won't hold target RPM (should be 750, idles at 800).
    Did those settings with the scanner so that's what the ECU is seeing.
    Anyway, that's where it is for right now. When it went bad it was all of a sudden, and I haven't found a bad sensor anywhere in the system...so with crossed fingers and low hopes...it gets another ECU.
    Past that I got nothing.
    If I can't get it going it'll be out in the California desert with a signed title in the tray over the drivers seat.
    Last edited by boba; 04-05-2024 at 12:50 AM.