Thread: Hello from me and my 93 GMC 2500 Rage Truck

Carb and Points!

Hello from me and my 93 GMC 2500 Rage Truck

Hello, first post n what not. working on my 93 GMC c2500 of wonders and mystery(350) . I picked her up in mid 2017 for 650 dollars and that is when the adventure started. when we first bought it we fired it right up in the driveway after not running for many years(new battery fresh gas). The previous owners wife was selling after her husband passed a few years ago. She didn't want it to go to anyone who was going to scrap it and wanted to be sure it went to some one who was going to drive it and love it.

when we test drove it and i was sold on it. Payed for it the next day and on the drive home with a friend following me we ran out of gas and 3 quarters of the way home the exhaust fell off. It some how stayed up under the truck the rest of the way home. where we found the laundry list of issues, speakers blown radio half worked, AC dead(Alabama summers), front tires shot, trans not fully bolted in, alternator shot, radiator on its way out, and no speedo. Upon further inspection we found that the engine isn't original, the trans is different and the rear end isn't from that model year either. Its one of those i go to the part store with the part just to be sure sort of things.

I have put a lot into this truck though it may not look it. I fixed most of the listed problems right down to the speedo and exhaust. I have a lot of memories in this truck from talking to my dad about working on it and getting advice, installing the 3in glass-pack(Hence the name), riding around in it with my wife for hours on our second date. 2.5 years in it started having problems which i spent a good bit of money trying to fix to no avail so it sat for quite some time until recently. It would run great when you first start it and then when it got up to temp it would start to stumble and struggle to run/accelerate.

I recently started to try and get it going again. there was a issue with the electrical at the block where it goes through the firewall drivers side Gasket rotted away and the fuel tank was a lost cause on the inside. So it either had an electrical or a fuel delivery problem best i can tell without driving it. I came here trying to figure out what ecm i have as it has an remanufactured one and the oe identifying marks are not there. the whole drivetrain isn't original and possibly not from the same model year. while i can work on a good bit of things i am by no means an expert mechanic and need some help.2024-04-22-18-52-57-803.jpg2024-04-22-18-52-57-803.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pvt-tent; 1 Week Ago at 03:49 AM.