Thread: AEM 03-4110 logging problem

Fuel Injected!

AEM 03-4110 logging problem

Ok the quick recap.

95 Truck, 16197427, updated the bin file to read wideband, I am using Advanced $0D TP5 v251.xdf, and A217_0D_v250.adx.

So tonight I had laptop, with TunerPro RT V5 connected to the truck and running.

Cold start: the tunerpro dash was reading 12 and AEM gauge was reading 11 and 10.

Hot: Tuner Pro Dash was reading 10 and AEM was reading 14.

Here is a snap shot of of the gauge when it was running it showed a min/max of 10 and 12.

Ok so does anyone know why I am not matching?

Does this tread address my problem? http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...light=wideband

Capture.PNG
    Last edited by Sledhead2; 1 Week Ago at 01:31 PM.

I wonder if the attached .xdl will show the same?

Capture.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    I will down load and try tonight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead2 View Post
    Does this tread address my problem? http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...light=wideband
    No, that thread is for AEM part number 03-0300

Fuel Injected!
    Dave the file you up loaded appears to be a data log??? what am I looking for in it?

how do I know if the tuner pro is seeing and displaying 0-5 volts correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead2 View Post
    Dave the file you up loaded appears to be a data log??? what am I looking for in it?

how do I know if the tuner pro is seeing and displaying 0-5 volts correctly?
    Load the data log file into TunerPro RT and playback the data log from post 2.

Fuel Injected!
    so I played it back and the wide band did not move or show any data.

I played back using my bin file, advance 0, and 217 files.

Try using the attached .adx file to playback the data log I posted. The attached is the .adx file I'm using, so I know it's good.

The exported .csv data log shows WBO2 data.

Closed Loop.jpg

Open Loop.jpg

Playback TunerPro RT data log tutorial.

Play TunerPro RT Data Log.JPG
    Last edited by dave w; 1 Week Ago at 04:11 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Dave, when I used your ADX file, the target AFR dial gauge was reading 14+/-. also when I used it to play the data log, it was operating correctly.

The Wide band square below dial gauge was reading 11 and the AEM gauge was reading 14.

Tomorrow I am planning the see what the voltage reading is with a meter on the analog wire when warmed up.

I am looking to confirm the AEM gauge showing 14 is sending the matching "X" voltage to the ECM. This is just a sanity check.

If it is matching then we know its in the ECM or the scalers or something.

Step one is confirm voltage.
    Last edited by Sledhead2; 1 Week Ago at 04:57 AM.

I seldom compare what the WBO2 is showing vs. what TunerPro RT is showing. I spend 99.98% of my time working with Excel spreadsheet.

Sometimes I pour some gas into the throttle body to verify lean WBO2 readings are really lean. Pouring gas into the throttle body will temporarily make the engine run rich and the WBO2 will temporarily show rich AFR's.

I wonder if blowing compressed air into the throttle body (throttle blades closed) will cause a rich running engine to temporarily run lean. Seems logical, but I've never tried blowing compressed air into a rich running engine.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I wonder if blowing compressed air into the throttle body (throttle blades closed) will cause a rich running engine to temporarily run lean. Seems logical, but I've never tried blowing compressed air into a rich running engine.
    I have chip burning capabilities. When a data log (spreadsheet) shows a rich running engine I adjust the injector flow parameter. Often an increase in the injector flow rate will "lean" a rich running engine. For example; when most of the AFR's are consistently in the 12's I will increase the TBI injector flow rate from 61 lbs hr to 65 lbs hr and see what the data log (spreadsheet) shows. Increasing the injector flow rate will "make the computer think" less fuel is needed from the injector.

Fuel Injected!
    Well I found the problem, it was me sort of, when I set the back of the gauge to point at P0/P1. I really set it to P4.
    Turns out I was seeing the pointer arrow backwards. Now that its set to P0 the AEM wide band and Tunerpro dash read the same.

Thanks for the help, now once my dirt road dries up I can get some data logs.

Capture.PNG
    Last edited by Sledhead2; 5 Days Ago at 03:31 AM.