Thread: Basic Tuning Help - 1993 Corvette LT1

Carb and Points!

Basic Tuning Help - 1993 Corvette LT1

Hey everyone, a couple of questions as I learn the process here.

Cylinder Volume: The motor is a 383, but the tune I pulled off has CylVol listed as 712.77cc, not 784.50cc (i.e. 350 vs 383). Will changing this value change my fueling or is it just a reference value in the BIN?

Injector PW Correction Vs. Battery Voltage: I know these values are based on the injectors and injector drivers, but these values stood out to me as awkward (seem different than they should be). If anyone could shed some light on these/have stock values they can compare to I'd appreciate it.

Air injector enable cool temp threshold: EGR and AIR pump have been physically removed. Assuming this value is the coolant temp minimum for the AIR pump to enable? Or do I have this backwards? Current value set at 14.75C - Will setting this value to the max effectively disable the AIR pump in the ECM?

First post so if this is in the wrong place please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carb and Points!
    Thanks but I don't see an injector constant in the BIN I have, do you mean the flowrate are the two separate?

Carb and Points!
    Makes sense.

So I'm in the process of correcting this tune. Neither the cylinder volume nor the flow rate were changed (712.77cc and 23.75lb/min). Went to autocross this weekend and logged the ride there as well as the runs. My long term BLMs while running are mostly pinned at 160 (max BLM setting) but the STFTs are pretty happy.
    My thought process is this: Correct the cylinder volume, don't touch the fueling tables, allow the car to sort itself for a while (30+ min of driving, hitting as many BLM cells as possible). Do a data log during this initial drive and another once BLMs have moved closer to 128.
    I'm assuming this will get me close to the proper fueling. From here I can use the second data log to adjust the fueling table and repeat.

Does this sound right? How do I get the LTFT BLMs reset before I run with the new parameter (CylVol)? Do I need to worry about wiping the cylinders if the old BLMs remain (I'd assume a BLM of 160 against the correct fueling would be WAYYYY too rich, although I am on stock injectors so that might mitigate the issue).

My main concern is physically hurting the engine by running way rich before it has time to pull fueling.