Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
Many gearhead-efi members including myself share ideas and information that come form personal experiences, including the school of hard knocks (waisted time and waisted money)

There is considerable truth to the statement: The More you Know about EFI the Less you Pay for EFI.

I'm sure many gearhead-efi members will agree with the above statement.

4L80E with 16197427 ECM Links below:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...0E-Controller&

http://mattw.dyndns.org/4L80E/
Absolutely agree. My LS PCM recomendation was due to actually running them. He has a fantasy of lean cruise adding 5-10 mpg in something the weight of his van with the aerodynamic loada of his van. I have run well implemented lean cruise on many of my vehicles for 2 decades now. G20 and Express van both saw about 2-3 mpg improvement on flat, level road at highway speeds. 5-10 mpg is fantasy land even if the engine were moving a slick Corvette or Camaro. My buddies 71 Chevelle saw the biggest improvement I have seen and it was about 4 mpg. It has a 6.0L/4L80E and a 4.10 rear gear so it is singing along at ~2,500 rpm at 70 mph with very little engine load.

I suggested the 0411 or P59 because it is a far better PCM for what he is attempting to do than a stone age 165 and its matching MAF that even 10-15 years ago was nearly impossible to find a quality MAF sensor replacement for.

Ignition timing and fuel injection timing based off a crank sensor are far more accurate than a distributor. With dual timing maps and inidvidual cylinder retard capability the 0411/P59 results in less wasted torque and fuel. The LS PCMs also offer the ability to alter injection timing with engine temperature which is a big benifit. Can spray the fuel on the back of a closed valve with a cold engine and shift to spray as the exhaust valve closes with a hot engine, minimizing wasted fuel during split overlap. With even a stock L31 I can reduce the pulsewidth for the idle fueling as much 10-15% shifting hot injector timing to spray the fuel with a closed or almost closed exhaust valve. I have also mentioned to the OP that for torque at 1,500 rpm the TPI is actually about the worst single intake for that setup.