I truly believe the 86 to 89 SBC TPI was a special Intake system.
The Helmholtz effect has been known since the middle 1800's. All car makers have made some version of a ram intake over the years. Many cars today use "multi ram" intakes.

OK Here is what I think, the car companies figured…everyone KNOWS trucks, vans and SUV have never gotten good MPG. Partly as I feel they were built to run a little rich just in case they are pulling a trailer or hauling a load.

Everyone KNOWS this.
You're talking about what's going on inside the computer as if it's a secret. Are you aware the folks in this group work with what's inside the computer?

I can see NO reason to run a OBDII and perhaps allow in gas wasting programing.
Hmm... Maybe think of this differently. The programming isn't gas wasting. The programming works to balance emissions, fuel use, and catalytic converter life. You can change the programming so there's little to no balance.

I do agree that the TPI intake is a great torque producer. One of the most fun TPI cars was the '91 Vette with six speed. So much fun to drive and much better behaved than older versions. That car was speed density so it used a 7730.

So one fix personally, I am planning on running a 87 Camaro 165 OBDI Computer was not as programed with this MPG killer program, and with these old ECMs they can easily be reprogrammed unlike the OBDIIs.
The '165 doesn't have any magic. It's your project, and if that's what you want to use then go ahead. The program that runs in the 165 is known and understood. The program in the 7427 is known and understood. The electronics inside the '165 were used in many similar computers. The 7427 takes the electronics in the 165 to a new level so it's possible to run your engine with one computer.