I am building a 93 Custom Van a new drive train.

It is a low RPM Torque Monster SBC 383 that thanks to Roards Veritable roller lifters will produce a torque curve from 1000 to 3000RPMs and power curve from 2500 to 4700 RPMs though a 4L80e and a US Gear Dual Range Overdrive.

It is hoped and believe my special engine will with the 5 gears be able to cruse at around 80MPH and 1600RPMs and get 25+ MPG.

It will not run over 5000RPMs.

I am running 193 Swirl Port heads, stock headers.

All of this will be fed by a 87 Camaro TPI system and controlled by a original 165ECM with its full Lean Burn Cruse custom tuned for best operation.

The 4L80e rebuilt with all the upgrades will be controlled by a 93 7427 PCM acting as the transmission only controller.

This is where I am asking for help: how to set these two controllers up.

My plan so far is to mainly hook both systems up at the same time:

The 165ECM gets all the Camaro sensors, VSS, Knock, IAT, MAF, TPS, Engine Temp, Tach. More of less a full Carmaro set up from a coplet wiring hardness from a 87 Camaro.

The 7427 PCM is the problem, as it will only be controlling the transmission, I am unsure what it needed to operate normally. This is not a drag racer but a RV Cruiser. This will be hooked up using the 93 Stock Van's wring.

So what controls shifting??

I think: VSS, RPMs, TPS(?) and MAP as load sensor. I have read Engine Temp is also need, but why?

I plan on having knock, IAT, and fuel injectors turned off by a programmer.

VSS and RPMs is easy to share being a electronic signal. MAP is also easy to plug into the manifold by its self.

The TPS Throttle Position Sensor is a bug-loo, as it is a sensor managed by the PCM I think I cannot run the PCM and the ECM off the same sensor, so the big question is does the 7427 PCM controlling only the transmission need the TPS??

I am hoping it only needs the MAP to judge load and thus respond to throttle changes requiring a down shift or to do a up shift.

Other wise I will need to figure out a way to add TBI TPS to the Throttle Body of my TPI intake.

Rich