Thread: Injector offset

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition! FirstGenThree's Avatar

Injector offset

I am interested in attempting to change the injector offset value in my hex code. It is not "hacked" in my pcm but it seems to be potentially less work than starting over with another pcm, which I have dabbled with but currently don't have time to do. I have some issues with BB injectors that I didn't have with stock SB or 9C1 injectors, and had the BB set flow tested and have also tried a second set. Currently running 6299 with $99 mask. Really i'm just asking if anyone has any links on how-to or write up on the hex editor and/or how to determine what info lies in what lines of the code. I've searched quite a bit and understand the importance of this value but nothing on how to change it without going to a popular ecm. Hopefully this is in the right place. Thanks in advance for any help!

Administrator
    There may be a definition file floating around for the 6299. There used to be one on Moates site.

Hex editor is just a tool to display the values at each location in the .bin file. Changing it is usually just a matter of entering a different value. I used to scale the injector constant by new value = old value *(old injector flow / new injector flow). Remember the constant should get smaller as flow gets larger.