Thread: Synch vs Asynch fueling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I'm thinking that the injector asymmetry on the injectors and/or the async fuelling mode were both used to cover up (or otherwise compensate for) some air/fuel distribution issue much as the Buick V6 went with SEFI long before any of the others did. Otherwise it does not make that much sense to me.
    1994 6.5L 4L80E K
    2001 VW GTI
    2006 Smart ForTwo CDI

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by daleulan View Post
    I'm thinking that the injector asymmetry on the injectors and/or the async fuelling mode were both used to cover up (or otherwise compensate for) some air/fuel distribution issue much as the Buick V6 went with SEFI long before any of the others did. Otherwise it does not make that much sense to me.
    I'm betting that their foremost priority was emissions and due to that, they did whatever to meet the guide lines up to and including the using of different injectors in the set to accomplish that. Much cheaper to adjust hardware than rewrite software. But this is nothing more than a guess.

Administrator
    AFAIK only the Astro vans were equipped with mismatched injectors. Full size vans, trucks, and cars all received a matched set.