Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
That doesn't appear to be a Ford EEC-IV so I guess it's by Mazda. I'm no help tuning a Mazda :?: Doing a piggy back installation of another ECU like Mega Squirt might be your best option to get full tun-ability and still keep the stock Probe accessories working.
I didn't know you could use the Mega Squirt to piggy back? Hmmm! May be an expensive unit for just piggyback duties...

Now if you have to go Piggyback tuner it's not a bad thing. First choice is always factory ECM because if it's hackable it's probably been done and once you learn how you can do it over and over...

I have only had hands on experience with one aftermarket Piggyback tuner and it was the Perfect Power 6. I think they have a 7 and 8 now. Don't have the link where I can find it so Goggle them.

Very inexpensive and hooks up in between your factory ECM and engine. Then all adjustments can be made via laptop. Had everything needed for nitrous and turbo and blower. Plus if your ECM did't have factory adjustments it had a couple extra circuits and switches to use. I was very Leary at first but after I got one in and started to tune it? Wow, I was convinced it was way OK! Really can't believe it had an improved version but they still offer older versions too!

They also make stand alone ECMs and rev limiter and wide band stuff and everything for a race car to set up from scratch. I think the reason why we don't hear much of them here in the states is they are in somewhere strange... I need more coffee, I can't remember if it was South Africa or Australia...

But I am sure once you find them and read on the product you will agree it's a cool unit. They did have forums back then but it was only for tech support. So look it up, you will probably find the Probe guys there if they are not hackable factory units!