Thread: Support The Forum: Buy ALDL Cables!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator
    done it MANY times on the MC in my sig... the 93-95 3100 PCM is a slightly stripped down version of the 94-95 LT1 PCM (seeing how it came out in 93, perhaps it would be better to state that the 94-95 LT1 PCM is a more equipped version of the 93-95 3100?) with no issues whatsoever.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Robert, just wanted to give you a heads up that I ended up purchasing a few of these boards from the Ebay seller. I'm going to hardwire the board into the car so I can just hook a USB cable right to the dash.

Wow. Somehow I missed this thread. I'll buy one for my at the moment non-existent TBI equipped vehicle.

PM will be sent.
    Familiar with 1227747 and 16197427 PCMs

Super Moderator
    hey everybody, sorry about the lack of updates, going through a slight design change and am verifying that everything will still be working as expected. moving to a significantly smaller(about 60% smaller) PCB inside of the box to give an easier assembly/more room. also moving to a 6 foot mini-B cable for now, instead of the 4 foot B cable. my parts supplier was getting was too inconsistent in what they were sending me, so i went elsewhere to keep everything easier to interchange if necessary.

knowing me, yet another revision will be made, but it will probably be a while before that comes around... i've been buying the PCBs rather than having them made for me. because of this, i basically have to adapt to whatever i can find, rather than make what would work best. i just have to make sure i'll be able to reliably hot air solder the FT232 chips, since SSOP-28 can be done with an iron but it's not as clean as i would like.

anyways, as soon as i verify that the new PCB will work, i'll be ordering quite a few of them, there's a lot of backed-up orders/requests.

Sweet!! Thanks for the update!

I suspect you already know of this place, but they'll do short or large runs of custom PCBs for you: www.batchpcb.com
    Familiar with 1227747 and 16197427 PCMs

Super Moderator
    maybe i'm blind/tired, but i couldn't find any way for them to do an estimate on custom boards without me actually sending them gerber files?

in any case, the boardhouse i'm looking at should be able to do batches for me in multiples of 40 at VERY reasonable prices.

Super Moderator
    newest adapter arrived in the mail this morning, results are good, so i'm going to pull the trigger and order quite a few of these at once, since it seems to take forever to get here.