Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
108 is an issue because that is as low as it will go, it's still trying to take out fuel.

I actually never do any VE tuning without letting the truck warm up first. I usually let it warm up some in my driveway, and then take it out. Once the closed loop kicks in, I wait a little longer, and then clear the blm table to start fresh with a warmed up engine. I do realize that the in gear and park rpms are different. I'll have to do another log to be absolutely sure of the cells that are off, as I am currently thinking back to when I tuned in January. I just know, that thru several runs, I got the VE table in gear to be around 128, only to return home, and park in my driveway, and see the blm drop out to 108. It would concern me less if the number was even at 109. But as you said, 108 is as low as it will go, and thus why I think something has to be amiss.

Also, as a completely different question, but one that could be relevant here...I know it is possible to adjust the low end of the blm scale to be lower than 108. What I am wondering is, if I lower that, can the computer actually read below the 108, or is that as low as it can effectively work, and the real reason the number is adjustable is due to the fact that the same programming was used in multiple vehicles?