so im troubleshooting my A/C wiring on the POS fiero, ever since I swapped to the 7730 the A/C hasnt worked. today I found out that the high pressure switch is toast, ill probably bypass it. and for some reason the ECM wasnt energizing the A/C clutch relay either. according to the fiero wiring diagrams, the ECM energizes the A/C clutch relay but means of ground triggering.

the 7730 uses pin F1 to trigger the relay. One wire is 12V hot from the A/C controls and the other(to ECM) SHOULD be ground triggered. Well its not, the wire from the ECM is 12V hot as well. WTF! the wiring diagrams im using are for the TPI cars and show it as a ground trigger.

The only thing I can figure is this computer may be different since its off a 92 J body car(V6). I also tried a backup 7730 out of another J car. Both ECMs send 12V to pin F1. Im going to look around for the J body wiring diagrams to see if its different from the TPI cars.

Now heres the million dollar question, can I just reverse the polarity of the relay so that the wire that was orinally hot(HVAC controls) is now the ground? or will I burn up a foil layer(or something else) in the ECM?

Thanks in advance!