Hey all, I've searched around and found SOME info on this scenario but nothing clear cut. I've been reading through a thread about a guy doing the opposite. I received a free 350 tbi engine from my brother that he had in a Jeep CJ8. As far as he knows, it is a stock 350 tbi from a 89' GMC Sierra, bored .030 over, with a howell universal wiring harness and fuel pump. I still have his jeep around to pull ALL the parts should I have missed any. My biggest concern is the tranny swap. I'm taking the motor from him but not his transmission as it's 4x4, mine is a 700r4. The ecm is a '8747. It is setup to control his th400 kickdown. How would I go about making it control the TCC in my 700r4? I'm likely ordering a chip burner very soon. I thought about going EBL, but I have many friends that love to retro build, and figure getting a chip burner and LEARNING how to tune vs. using a EBL to do it all for me is a better idea. So with that, would you guys recommend I just go buy a 7747 ecm? Would it make my life that much easier? please no suggestions about the 7727 or whatever the newer ecm is. I'ld like to be able to utilize the wiring harness without hacking anything apart and from my reading, it's possible going from 8747 to 7747. Also, not of huge concern, but would you guys recommend getting the EBL in my case? Or learning how to tune? I have plenty of time to learn as this car is a project, not a daily driver.