Thread: Hi

Carb and Points!

Hi

was directed here by someone on Jeepforum.com where I'm an active member... in the process of swapping a 5.7 TBI into my 95 YJ Wrangler. I posted there for assistance as I was having some issues (still am at the moment) and someone replied to check around here. I found some diagrams surfing around here last night so I'm going to double-check connections and see where that gets me today. I might create a thread later asking for more assistance if those diagrams don't help.

The drivetrain I'm working with is a 5.7 TBI with 700r4 from a 1988 K5 Blazer, the ECM is 7747

for right now I'm not a "tuner"... I'm just looking to get it back to running as well as (if not better) before I removed it from the donor vehicle.... decent power, smooth idle, reliability. I'll worry about power tweaks down the road as my confidence evolves in messing with the ECM, so I've bookmarked this site for future reference.

Thanks

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

If your the one that was having trouble with your engine flooding, then that was me that pointed you here. Glad you made it and hope we get your problem figured out.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    If your the one that was having trouble with your engine flooding, then that was me that pointed you here. Glad you made it and hope we get your problem figured out.
    yes, that was me... thanks.
    and it does seem I got it figured out with the help of info I found around here... replaced the CTS and rebuilt the regulator which smoothed it out greatly, fuel smell and choking-out immediately gone. but then a new problem presented itself, was getting an intermittent no spray issue... checked in the distributor and there seemed to be a bit of play with the pickup coil. looking under the pickup, saw a few bits of plastic - the pickup coils harness was crumbling and when I put a meter on it, the values weren't where they should have been. replaced the distributor and all seems to have been resolved for the moment. borrowing a timing light today to get the base set.

thanks again