Buzz: thanks for the detailed level of testing, much appreciated. I dont think there is a way to get the pcm service number from the pcm, so to properly identify a 9354896 pcm I will need to create a list of OEM service numbers to OSID. The actual pcms arnt any different, and the operating systems are interchangeable. Especially as I start supporting 1mb pcms I'll need to do this.

1project2many: It will attempt to communicate with any VPW pcm. There is nothing different about the 12200411 and 9354896 pcms distributed in different parts of the world, and I am in australia developing against aussie vehicles. Even unsupported VPW pcms should display info, and depending how similar to the '0411 they are they might read or might not. I have been advised that LB7 duramax OSID 15189044 and 3904405 DO read. Possibly others but I will need OSIDs to whitelist them. This was just a fluke though, I dont have intention to support write on those yet as I have never even seen one. Maybe one day, though.