Thread: DA Data Errors?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

DA Data Errors?

i'm using tuner pro rt v.5 .. car is 85 corvette that has been converted to running the 165 ecm.

anyhow first off what are these errors and what causes them? i am assuming they pop up when for a split second the data isnt flowing and in a split sec it resumes its connection. but what causes this? or is it common? i read a few probs with the 165 ecm's and logging..

could this be a grounding quirk with the ecm or a power querk with the ecm? nothing leads me to belive either of those are an issue really but its possible because after further testing(only tested this far once so could just have been coincadense but i dont think so) anyhow the errors seem to get more frequent as the engine gets up to operating temp and even more frequent as it climbs a bit hot and at about 217-220*F tuner pro just stopped renewing data and just sat saying connecting... any ideas? if not i still would like to know what causes the few randome ones as well.....

also should not this was all durring a recorded log, i dont know if that makes a diff or not in amount of errors or not but figured i would mention it.

Fuel Injected!
    are the errors regular on off on off on off and data jumping around or just the odd error and data looks good.if its continous on off on check the adx aldl echo setting.if its not echo problems you may have to edit the time delays in the adx

Fuel Injected!
    it starts out as just very very few random errors, data looks good, only sign thats noticable with the errors is just the red error blink... but as i said not many and random .

as it gets toward operating temp though the error is almost a blink on..off..on..off. pretty consistant pattern then as engine gets warmer the eror just turns into connecting message, no data changes.

Fuel Injected!
    what adx are you using for logging link it up

Fuel Injected!
    using arap bin, $6E def file and 1227165_6E.adx

Fuel Injected!
    hmm ok so i'm still having this issue or having it again or got worse or something but it is a lil differant now that i edited the adx file to get rid of the DA data errors...i have read through many of the issue threads here as well as all around the net and most of what i see is problems getting it to work(initial connection) but no probs after that.

oh also failed to mention i am using the moates cable ('ALDU1 and CABL1')pricey lil bugger, sorry mark i didnt know there were any avalible on this site.. and cheaper too..
    kinda thinking maybe sendin an email to moates about this see if he has any ideas, because for that much money for a cable i should deserve a lil support lol.

now what it is doing is working great, may take up to 20 tries showing data error till it connects(that speed has progressivly gotten worse it seems from what it use to be).

anyhow once connected works great was logging for many mins at a time(probably 5mins - 10mins no issues, but lately it is more like just a few mins(about the time it takes to get from cold to 170* sometimes almost 200* then bam..bombardment of red flash data errors, data doesnt update, if recording log it quits recording and it never recovers the connection.
    click disconnect then reconnect = red flashy data errors, no connect.
    close tunerpro then open it= red flashy data errors, no connect.
    key off 20-40 seconds then on(read post talking bout this by moates someplace)= red flashy errors
    even reboot pc doesnt always cure it, almost like its a time delay or temp that needs to cool off issue.

so to recap.. for a while after fixing errors with by editing ADX files with a pause/silance also fixed one with the adding 1 trick= all was well, never lost connection or had any problems. it was always me stopping the recordings not tunerpro having errors.
    now after random length of time(usually less then a few mins) TP just starts erroring out (constant flash of error/connecting just like unplugging it) also same end result as unplugging it.
    cant reconnect till it wants me to it seems, have tried a few ways.

any ideas? its back to almost being unusable again or at least not efficiant to run a recorded log session only to find that TP stopped responding long before you were done, so you have to do it all over again.
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-17-2013 at 08:36 AM.