Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a little help

Fuel Injected!
    Well, it's finished. ALL day at the garage, luckily the owner remembered me from years gone by and let me help with knowledge of what I'd done and thought. We check every connection again and ohm'd out all the leads. His Snap on reader wasn't much help, like everything else it said there was no codes. We replaced all the sensor one at a time and guess what? The LAST Sensor was the ignition modual and that cleared it up. Runs perfect again. In the past when my '90 FSB ate that ignition module I ended up at the side of the road. This sob was just running on "p**s him off mode". Now why would a sensor take a partial dump while changing out the harness? Just my luck I guess, but what the heck, I learned of a great web site and we're going to the Rubicon Sunday. Everyone's happy I have just one day to get everything ready.

Really happy for you that the rig is running, let alone making the trip!

EST modules are known for still working when faulty. If you had been set up for data logs I could have found that... well not on a stock 7747 as it does not have spark advance in data stream. But we did make a hack to put it there. I always install it on chips/bin that I do.

Have fun on trip and post some pictures when you return!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks, will do with the pictures after the trip. I'm out in the garage now trying to finish Bronco's minor stuff that didn't get done because of that part. I'd like to talk with you more later. Thanks again to everyone for the help and advise.