Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
So how exactly did you get screwed? They offered to exchange the item or refund the price. Sounds pretty normal operating procedure to me for anywhere that one deals with.
oh , i guess i didnt pay attention to the part about them willing to replace.. i cant say i have ever gotten back or asked for labor on defective parts so idk what would happen local. i have heard some people have gotten reimbersed for labor though from local suppliers.

i guess though if i wanted labor and parts warented i would have the shop doing the work get the parts, thats why they mark up the parts to cover there azz's in situations like this. but ya thats the only way i would expect the part + labor to be free if an installed part was defective.

just a note .. i have even heard of walmart refunding part + labor for speakers someone bought / had installed and were junk out of the box, they just bitched and made a public scene about it till the manager refunded the speakers and the guys shop bill(installed at independant shop , not walmarts auto center)