Thread: Beware of RockAuto

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rock Auto wants to keep it's good reputation and does not like to see internet postings like this.

You also have to understand they sell parts to anyone and who knows how they will be installed so yes getting refunds is hard.

But I had a similar experience and had pictures and thread like this. As so as I showed it to Rock Auto it was elevated to supervisor who made everything right with me and I reported it in the thread.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Yeah. I'm just really frustrated about the whole deal. I've already taken flak on some other forums I've shared it on, but I'm just calling it how I see it.

That's ironic that you mention that, I asked the people I spoke to on the phone several times if I could speak to their supervisor and they all told me that there was no one higher than them..... Hmmmm Everybody in the company is running it, even the people answering the phones; they're all the boss!

Fuel Injected!
    this is why i buy local whenever i can, lifetime warrenties or any warrenties are not bargains when not honored and even when they are the shipping kills the good deals quickly. also keeps money in the local economy. jmho

also you gotta watch wording like rebuilt, reconditioned, remanufactored now days, as alot of times those words just only mean they opened it up, cleaned it up and just replaced what was bad or a few seals etc...just like so many people refering others to and i quote "get some new injectors from ***" or "get some rebuilt injectors from ***". i dont know why people dont call it like it is... cleaned, there just cleaned with a new lil filter and couple seals..

ok "end rant" lol
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-13-2013 at 03:12 AM.

So how exactly did you get screwed? They offered to exchange the item or refund the price. Sounds pretty normal operating procedure to me for anywhere that one deals with.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I agree with you on that one, there is a lot of misuse of terms such as that...

----------------------

Look I don't have all the answers, I'm just calling it how I see it. You can either agree or disagree with me I really don't care.

I'm just waiting for an explanation on how you "got screwed" in this situation.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Well I already explained myself. I'll try to sum it up again. Their part failed. They wanted to replace it. Fine, but what about the additional costs as a result of their part's failure?

The way they (RockAuto), a bunch of computer chair mechanics on other forums, and perhaps you view this is that I'm supposed to eat the total loss of having to evacuate, refill etc the system, B/C THEIR PART FAILED.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that, IMO that is not acceptable.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    So how exactly did you get screwed? They offered to exchange the item or refund the price. Sounds pretty normal operating procedure to me for anywhere that one deals with.
    oh , i guess i didnt pay attention to the part about them willing to replace.. i cant say i have ever gotten back or asked for labor on defective parts so idk what would happen local. i have heard some people have gotten reimbersed for labor though from local suppliers.

i guess though if i wanted labor and parts warented i would have the shop doing the work get the parts, thats why they mark up the parts to cover there azz's in situations like this. but ya thats the only way i would expect the part + labor to be free if an installed part was defective.

just a note .. i have even heard of walmart refunding part + labor for speakers someone bought / had installed and were junk out of the box, they just bitched and made a public scene about it till the manager refunded the speakers and the guys shop bill(installed at independant shop , not walmarts auto center)

I've made my post. I've stated how I feel and what I think. Not many seem to agree with me or even be on the same planet. It's a done deal. I already bought another compressor, locally this time, and I'm working on fixing it here in the shop.

I'm surprised that walmart did that much. I hate walmart because as conveneint as they are, they're one of the biggest killers of small town America and the small town economy. I'm sure I'll take flak for this one too. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeeZ View Post
    I'm surprised that walmart did that much. I hate walmart because as conveneint as they are, they're one of the biggest killers of small town America and the small town economy. I'm sure I'll take flak for this one too. Bring it.
    This is something I agree with. I refuse to shop there. Especially after they fucked my (now ex) girlfriend wheels on a tire change and refused to do anything about it.

The way they conduct business is not very ethical at all. Luckily here in Canada, they don't seem to have the same power they do in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by xtreamvette69 View Post
    oh , i guess i didnt pay attention to the part about them willing to replace.. i cant say i have ever gotten back or asked for labor on defective parts so idk what would happen local. i have heard some people have gotten reimbersed for labor though from local suppliers.

i guess though if i wanted labor and parts warented i would have the shop doing the work get the parts, thats why they mark up the parts to cover there azz's in situations like this. but ya thats the only way i would expect the part + labor to be free if an installed part was defective.

just a note .. i have even heard of walmart refunding part + labor for speakers someone bought / had installed and were junk out of the box, they just bitched and made a public scene about it till the manager refunded the speakers and the guys shop bill(installed at independant shop , not walmarts auto center)
    I agree. Many times if the entire job including parts is supplied by the shop doing it, they will cover part or all of the labour if something is defective within a reasonable amount of time.

I do my own labour, since I like to and I can not afford to have someone else do it for me. I can inspect the parts going on when I do it too. I can usually catch a defective part before it's installed, but not always.