Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADX files

Well you have to have bin, ADX and XDF loaded in TunerPro. To Emulate you need to change Mask ID to AA, this disables checksum. Then upload bin to emulator, Verify, then Emulate. Turn key on and look for on, flash, on and then it will go off when started.

Not sure the patches apply properly when emulating? I'd have all them done before upload to emulator.

Have you set up Tools, Preferences and Data Acq/Emulation for the AutoProm? Check find hardware at startup and every time you open TP with AP attatached it will find it and beep.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    okay, I have all that (as I just mentioned in my other thread, it is possible I wasn't using the .bin from the old EPROM).

I have set up the AutoProm as you mentioned, it beeps just fine. It goes green and says "emulating" when I click emulate.

What do you mean about the change Mask ID to AA?

Look up Mask ID in the XDF in PROM Mask ID folder... it should be 42, change it to AA. This will disable checksum or you will have issues when emulating if you change anything.

When it is set to 42 and you make changes, TunerPro updates the Checksum to correct for changes made. The ECM checks to see checksum is correct or you get a code 51 Prom.

After you have bin open in TunerPro, then Upload to emulater, always Verify! It checks Emulater to bin loaded in TunerPRo to make sure the upload went well! Then emulate.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-