This is great stuff! Prior to reading this thread, I'd never even heard of the Arduino stuff. Now I've got an Uno, a couple LCDs, and a "starter" pack on the way. To get re-acquainted with coding (I'm almost 15 years out of college, and haven't used it since then), I'm going to follow some of the simple tutorials to make lights blink, etc, and then build a little display to show coolant temp, fuel level, battery voltage, oil pressure, etc, right from the sensors. After I accomplish that, I want to follow in the footsteps that you guys are taking and start grabbing some of the OBD II data so I can display that as well. My end goal is to simplify the instrumentation in my IROC when I do my LS swap by having a 2.8" TFT between the speedo & tach (like a lot of the newer vehicles utilize) to display sensor data as well as OBD II data.

One question for you guys... how are you interfacing to the OBD port? Are you using some sort of ELM327 device, or are you connecting directly to the OBD port?