Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
... I think the interesting question is why you don't include the 120 Ohm resistance. Not intended as an accusation, this question gets at the reasoning and motivation behind making the system work without what is described as proper termination. Why do you have confidence that it doesn't matter if the resistor is included or not? Was it truly trial and error? With my GM background and desire not to be interrupted by an angry customer stuck at a car show on Saturday night, I would tend to include it even if the system worked without unless I really understood the potential repercussions of omitting it.
I thought things were back on track ... guess not. As I have stated repeatedly, I only come here to help - I have never asked a question, and it is doubtful that I ever will. My intentions therefore are altruistic.

To your point to "keep the OEM configuration OEM" - then why not also include a BCM, EBCM, FPCM, IPC, HVAC, and all other modules that were originally on the CAN Bus system ? The obvious answer is that these are not needed in a custom / stand alone application. Same goes for the second 120 ohm resistor. You can you use any or all of these if you wish, but they are not strictly required.

What modules get used or not used is up to Dave, it is his build, but stating that a particular item is mandatory (when it is not) does not provide Dave with the totality of information needed to make informed choices.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
... Kudos for your reply and for continuing the discussion despite the heat it created ....
I respond to a single post with a "true" and "false" comment, nothing derogatory, no argument, and that constitutes "heat" ? I then take the time, and make the effort, to get things back on track when this has been perceived as offensive (was not intended as such), and you are commending the other gentlemen for putting up with me ?

No offense intended, but your response comes across as more than a little one sided.

The easy thing for me to do is that my bat and ball and go home - I don't receive any direct benefit from participating in this Forum - but I have developed a great respect for Dave and EagleMark - despite having never met either them.