Thread: Bypassing / Eliminating 2012 5.3 Liter Fuel Pump Control Module E38 Computer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I'm researching options, the information posted is very helpful!

Attached are a couple screen screen shots:
    One showing the VIN from the donor vehicle. I'm very interested in tech information for the VIN show in the screen shot. I realize other makes and models are similar. Information for the VIN posted is likely the most accurate! The donor vehicle is not available to me. I only have the E38 computer, and the wiring harness that was on the engine. I do not have any other parts, pieces or information to piece this puzzle together with.

The other screen shot is showing the fuel pump type, according to what I read from the E38 computer using EFI Live. I am somewhat confused, I would have thought that the donor vehicle would have a variable speed pump if it had been equipped with a Fuel Pump Control Module (FPCM)?

One of my goals as a moderator, is provide information that will help others now and in the future. Most members will not be working with a 2012 engine transplant anytime soon. Information on how to safely handle fuel delivery is essential / paramount for this engine transplant! Looking to the future, it's very likely someone will find this tread and want to use the information for an identical engine transplant project.

dave w

Dave the def file that EFILive has built may have some parameters that do not belong. Ross states that 90% or more of the code is the same between the E38 & the E67. The E38 does not support boost, but you will see parameters for boost. The E67 supports a 3 phase fuel pump. I am not sure if that's the PWM fuel pump or not. I have not collected a bin file for the ZL1 calibration. The reason I posted the V6 calibrations and files is because that is how set up calibrations when I remove the FPCM. I have a 2011 V6 calibration, but it is a CNG vehicle that I tuned. I did not want to confuse anyone with this file. I do not have the OE file from the car anymore and the car was tuned with a BETA version of TC.

I will send you link to 2012 vehicles with E38 ECM's --> GMT-900, Impala V6 & V8, Camaro V8 and the E67 Camaro. You can post the information, I tried earlier and failed

My research shows the 2009 Wrangler fuel delivery system is:
    Retrunless
    Fuel Pressure Regulator is in the Fuel Pump Module (inside the fuel tank)
    Fuel Pressure is set to 58 PSI +/- 2 PSI

dave w