Thread: Where to place cts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Something interesting. Take a look at a Jeep 4.0, they have their CTS in the thermostat housing. BUT, the outlet for the heater core is also on the t-stat housing, and that is the part of the housing the CTS is located at. It gets the constant flow of coolant as it goes out of the engine into the heater core. So basicly its inline with the heater core.

Is that the outlet for the heater core to the left of your t-stat housing? If so, it looks like it has a thread in fitting. Simply remove it, and place a T between it and the intake
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    Is there no threaded bung hole to the drivers side of the thermostat outlet? Most manifolds seem to have at least one threaded hole somewhere on the front coolant crossover.

Why can't you fit something like this under the thermostat?

http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...028u/overview/

Fuel Injected!
    i could but six shooter said to never place it in the thermostat housing. ill check and see if the heater hose fitting threads in. maybe i can rig up a T their.

That piece lionelhutz linked to is under the T stat and should flow good water. Just as the heater hose pictured would. But that heater hose could not have any kind of hot water cut off like some have.

And as for the T in hose! Every time I have used one it was to deep and only the tip of CTS was barely in water flow and did not work. The T needed to be trimmed down and re threaded deeper to let the sides of the CTS get water flow.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    The rule is never place the CTS after the thermostat. That plate goes under or before the thermostat. The only issue you might have with a plate like that is the sensor and thermostat clearing each other.

Fuel Injected!
    I see now the thermostat goes in that new housing. I went to home depot and lowes and could not find any tee for the heater hose fitting and i could not find a tee for the oil pressure switch. I want to tee my mechanical oil pressure switch and the switch for the tbi aswell. I am trying to do this as cheap as possible and that new thermostat housing is a bit much.

Fuel Injected!
    You don't need the oil pressure switch. It's just a backup to the fuel pump relay and there are millions of vehicles on the road that only use the relay.

Fuel Injected!
    so a few questions on the oil pressure switch. If my fuel pump relay fails then i am stuck although i could just buy a spare. also does the oil pressure switch kill the fuel pump if oil pressure drops while i am driving. i wanted to use it kind of like a safety option.