Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
Megasquirt looks like a very nice system and I have nothing personally aganst it. But in the back of my mind I just dont want to run a fully custom ecm. I cant help but thinking if something freak happens and the ecm get fried (bad alt, idiot hooks up booster cables wrong, many things could happen) I am now stuck with a jeep I cant drive untill I order a very expensive replacement. If I use a common junkyard sourced ecm/pcm, if something happens I could go into most any parts store or junkyard and get a replacement, I can also buy and keep a couple of spares.

Looking on tunerpro at nothing but the dowload page, I saw a couple V6 ecm's that are supported. (but didnt dl and look at the definations) Plus I dont know much about these engines either.

94-95 3.1L (L82) A-body (Century, etc)
ADS also spplies to W-Body

94-95 Series 1 3.8L (L27) and 94-95 Series 3.8L SC (L67)

94-95 LQ1 3.4L V6
There's lots of choices for an GM ECM ready to go for 6 cylinder and well supported by TunerPro. Numbers go down because you want to replace/repin yours and use existing location under hood. The perfect choice is 1227727. But it is not sequential. Only one I know of that is under hood and sequential OBDI is for an LT1 16188051-16191333-$EE But it's for 8 cylinder, even if the PCM could do six cylinder building a six cylinder OptiSpark distributor would be mind boggling.

Now if you would just forget about sequential and run a batch fire ECM the answer is simple. 1227727 GM ECM used in many six cylinder under hood cars.
It made me remember a conversation with a Detroit Fuel Injection engeneer who has been working on developing EFI from it's inception for GM then Ford. Sequential FI was developed to meet EPA standards for idle and off idle. The way he described it was once an engine reaches like 1200 RPM it does not matter, injectors are firing so fast it does not make a hill of beans. More RPM and they hardly flinch at turning off, high RPM and they are just about wide open constantly. So why is SFI such a big deal?