Well it is time to pull this old pig apart yet again. I pulled the old L31 and opened it up to fix an oiling issue about 6 months ago. I put a Lunati Bare Bones 218/228 cam in it. I failed to notice the spring pressure Lunati recomended and ended up floating valves and scoring a couple of cam lobes and trashed some LS7 lifters. About to order another GM Performance parts cam. Going with the cam in the 357 HP 350 engine. Basically it is a Hotcam revised to work in a stock L31 long block. 215/223 @ .050 roller with .473/.473" lift. Running the GM 330HP HO intake and a set of headers it is rated at 357 Hp @ 5,500 and 407 TQ @ 4,000, looks to make about 400 TQ @ 3,000 according to the advertised GM dyno chart.

The oiling issue was the use of a 5qt pan with a 4 qt pan windage tray. Ended up going to a 7qt Moroso pan and a big block oil pump with matching Moroso oil pickup. 40 psi idle, 70 psi hot at crusing speed. Yea its overkill but it seems to work well.

It may end up with TPI on it this time around. I have an Edelbrock Vortec TPI base, fuel rail modified for rear feed and return, and siamesed SLP runners with a fully ported plenum and LT1 throttle body. I also have an accessory setup from a 1995 TBI G-van that looks like it will work in the Express van with an Astro van a/c hose setup if I go that route.