Thread: Strange issue using red devil river and aldl droid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not for sure with the blue tooth. But with a ALDL cable with the 10 k resistor all you have to do is pull the ground (A) out of the ALDL plug under the dash and it will still be able to transfer data to data log but with out the ground it wont be able to pull a any resistance causing it to adle up 1000rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by devind View Post
    Not for sure with the blue tooth. But with a ALDL cable with the 10 k resistor all you have to do is pull the ground (A) out of the ALDL plug under the dash and it will still be able to transfer data to data log but with out the ground it wont be able to pull a any resistance causing it to adle up 1000rpm.
    This actually won't work, at least not reliably. The ground is needed for a voltage reference, so that the communications are referenced to the same ground potential. The voltage above this ground potential determines when there is and isn't a bit being transmitted, or more correctly what level of bit is being transmitted, a 0 or a 1.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    You are correct. The ground is needed. I got a note from the maker of the blue tooth interface. He said pin B is the control pin. I can try to see if pulling that pin will still give me data and not go in to diagnostic mode.

If it works, I can remove the 10k resistor from inside the interface box and reinstall the wire.

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you to all that replied. I modified the blue tooth box a bit and the idle is now unaffected. The "red devil river" and "aldl droid" combination is fabulous. Now I can fine tune the boat engine.
    David