Thread: tbichips.com (Brian Harris). Useful or Not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Set your injector flow rate, add the vortec timing table I posted from the Suburban I tuned last summer, and then start working on you VE tables. You can put my timing map in both the off-idle and idle timing tables and take the value from 1.15 or 1.20 of the Equivalance ratio vs spark table (they are the same) and put in your PE spark advance table.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post50093
    Do I have to manually input each number from your spark table or is there a file I can import? Not sure how all this stuff works. I'll take a closer look at it all when I get off work. I've looked at the tables on TP but haven't changed anything yet. I'm feeling accomplished just getting a data stream and loading a bin on the Ostrich. I'm using your mask: "Fast 355 $OD 700r4.xdf". It seemed appropriate for my setup.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanofMostTrades View Post
    Do I have to manually input each number from your spark table or is there a file I can import? Not sure how all this stuff works. I'll take a closer look at it all when I get off work. I've looked at the tables on TP but haven't changed anything yet. I'm feeling accomplished just getting a data stream and loading a bin on the Ostrich. I'm using your mask: "Fast 355 $OD 700r4.xdf". It seemed appropriate for my setup.
    You would have to manually input the numbers since the tables are not exactly the same in regards to RPM/MAP values and overall dimensions.

That XDF file is one I added the TCC paramaters into for running a 700r4 or 200-4r in place of a 4L60E or 4L80E.

I am taking my grandmother to dinner tonight for her birthday, but I may be able to find and post up a Vortec .bin I made a while back for another guy with Vortec heads on a TBI 350.
    Last edited by Fast355; 04-23-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    You would have to manually input the numbers since the tables are not exactly the same in regards to RPM/MAP values and overall dimensions.

That XDF file is one I added the TCC paramaters into for running a 700r4 or 200-4r in place of a 4L60E or 4L80E.

I am taking my grandmother to dinner tonight for her birthday, but I may be able to find and post up a Vortec .bin I made a while back for another guy with Vortec heads on a TBI 350.
    I used your timimg tables and set the flowrate to 9.99 which should be right based on stock 61 injectors at 22psi and drove the truck, here is my log if anyone want to have a look. It started and idled pretty well and had decent power, but it did hesitate a lot when giving it much throttle. Hope to drive it again tomorrow. If you guys check out my log and see anything bad please let me know, I don't think its running super lean or anything but I'm really not sure. My base timing is set to 0.