Thread: Changed 383 TBI to BBC Injectors - Looking for direction...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Changed 383 TBI to BBC Injectors - Looking for direction...

I went for a long drive yesterday and logged a bunch of data running with cleaned up 5.7L injectors (55 #/hr). I know it was running lean and I hoped a new EP381 fuel pump would help with that. After getting back home and looking over the log, it's still running lean. Today I changed the injectors out for a set of the early 7.4L injectors (90 #/hr) just to see what would happen and logged some more data. Not surprisingly, now it is running rich. I have attached the ADX and XDL files to look over.

So here is where I am at - I am working on getting the equipment to start doing my own tuning. I have been in contact with Blueprint Engines to get a copy of the .bin file used to make the chip that came with my engine, but no word if they are going to give it up yet. I'm looking for some guidance on where to start tuning this beast. Once I have the 1228747 ECM modded for the new chip, is it better to begin tuning with the 5.7L injectors and try to add fuel, or leave the 7.4L injectors and try to remove fuel? Or would you start with the stock .bin (Mine was AKWH) and start from scratch? I am using the stock small block TB and it's sensors. I would like to avoid switching to a big block TB to keep from having to remove the intake and have it bored out for the bigger TB.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1990 Chevrolet K2500, RCLB, Blueprint 383 TBI (16197427 ECM / 61 lb/hr / 16 psi FP), NV4500, NP241C, 4.10