Thread: Anyone worked with the 16196397 yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator
    sorry I had to drop out of the project, but I'm happy to see the two of you managed to managed to organize the chaos I threw out.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    No problem man. There are still a few details that I need to work out but the code, as is, works now. Boost reliability is not really well tested out-but I am hoping to be posting the modded XDF and ADX here *very* soon. I haven't quite got the ADX errors to completely stop yet, ocassionally I'll start up the truck and it goes back to how it was months ago-but a solid 85% of the time it's a clean datastream now.

Fuel Injected!
    Got the ADX errors to completely stop, got the thing boosted and blew up the trans.

2nd gear, stripped all the teeth off under load. Goofing off, as you do.

A/C doesn't work if over 50kpA manifold vacuum, AND over 35mph. Ignores all the hysteresis logic, and chatters like hell when it engages/disengages.

Still haven't figured that bit out, but I'll get it worked out sooner or later.

Fuel Injected!
    Still hunting the A/C buzzkill...it's 90+ degrees on my 40 minute interstate drive home from work a lot of days here and I only have A/C if my MAP value is less than 50KpA. There's nothing in the current XDF that links A/C clutch disable/enable with MAP, and I'm hunting through the dissassembly and not finding much. Mostly on the T-Side, I can find this:

RAM:0089 ; A/C BIT STATUS WORD
    RAM:0089 ; 0 0 = A/C CLUTCH ENABLED
    RAM:0089 ; 1 1 = A/C WOT LOGIC USING N/V TIME THRESHOLD
    RAM:0089 ; 2 1 = A/C PRESSURE REQUESTS FAN
    RAM:0089 ; 3 1 = A/C PRESSURE REQUESTS FAN # 2
    RAM:0089 ; 4 1 = A/C LOAD SWAP (A/C FORCED OFF)
    RAM:0089 ; 5 1 = A/C OLD (6.25 MS.) 3RD GEAR FLAG
    RAM:0089 ; 6 1 = A/C EVAP TEMPERATURE CLUTCH DISABLE (F-only?)
    RAM:0089 ; 7 1 = A/C CFIV FREON LOW CLUTCH DISABLE (F-only?)

It seems that if I can figure out what byte 0089 bit 4, does, I might have a chance at fixing this. I suspect it's just another location that needs to pick up the new 2-bar map value, because if it's meant to force the A/C off at max load of 100kpA, and it did NOT get the new 2-bar map value, it would tend to force the A/C off at the 50kpA with the new MAP sensor. Problem is, I don't have the slightest idea of how or where to find it.

I don't think it's bit 6 or 7, as bit 6 is disabled and bit 7 isn't being toggled (it's currently in the ADX as part of the datastream). Currently, the ADX is logging bit 0, bit 2, bit 3.

Fuel Injected!
    I check all AC routines and there is nothing MAP related in the code. Bit 4 and 5 are gear related too.

I suppose there is something broken with the patch you have. If you post all the files you have I can take a look.

You can log byte 89 and see if there is a switch activated, when AC is switched off.

Fuel Injected!
    That's the weird part-it happens at exactly 50kpA manifold pressure. I can simulate driving by using a trigger wheel simulator and operate the MAP sensor with a hand operated vacuum pump-the PCM will kick the AC compressor clutch off at 50kpa. If I pull a little more vacuum, the clutch will lock back in again.

As far as all the files, all the current patch code is included in the XDF, as well as what it replaced. To patch the bin, Start with the Rev3.01 patch, then the 2-bar patch, the wideband patch, and the fuel injector voltage patch, in that order. That's exactly what I have running in the truck now-I haven't changed them in months.

There is an N/V ratio to consider the truck at WOT and disable the A/C, but it doesn't seem to matter what I set it up to, the 50kpa switch point stays the same.

Fuel Injected!
    I think I found the cure. It matches exactly the symptoms 36 mph and 50kp.
    There is one byte changed at the spi comm that is used in ac routine.

Change 819d to ff and 819c to ff.