Hi, I live in New Zealand and have a 1994 Chevrolet G20 Starcraft conversion van that I've been tinkering with.
It has the original LO5 5.7 TBI with 38,000 miles on it but I'm needing more torque to help it get out of it's own way when are travelling on our holidays.
I have recently fitted some new ceramic coated Hooker headers to it and it has a 3" single exhaust system with no cat, I've rebuilt the TBI with new stock injectors, new MSD cap, rotor, leads and NGK spark plugs, I've made a salad bowl for it and installed twin electric fans.
I have also fitted a new AC Delco EP381 in-tank fuel pump, a heated narrow band O2 sensor and an Innovate MTX-L wide band O2 sensor and gauge.

I have purchased a new L-31 Vortec crate motor for the van a new Comp Cams roller cam, GM performance TBI to Vortec manifold and a 650 CFM TBI unit but was planning on learning how to tune what I have got currently before I swap in the new motor.
Not that anything is wrong with the old motor but it just seemed like a good way to get a factory four bolt main roller engine with better heads.

While over the years I've had experience with carbureted V8's this is the first EFI V8 that I've attempeted to modify.
I've been data logging with TunerPro RT connected via a ALDL to USB cable, a friend of mine got me set up with TunerPro a while ago and we
logged the van when it was dead stock. I figured now that I've made a change with the headers I should look and see what the difference might be.

I realise the questions I have are very basic but I haven't really found an answer in my searching.

I guess the first of many things I need help with is making sure the XDF and ADX files I'm using to data log with are correct/suitable?

My PROM has the part number "8768" and "BDTZ" on the outside case and the EPROM has the number "4895" and "3195" on it.

From that info my friend used the XDF file OE_TPV5_v250.xdf and the ADX file A219_OE_31_v250.adx, that's what I've also been using to data log with and then save the xdl log files so that I can later look at with TunerPro RT.

First off are those XDF and ADX correct for my vehicle/ECU?

The next thing is all the tutorials I seem to have found refer to loading a .bin file into TunerPro but I haven't managed to find what might be the correct .bin file for my ECU. In saying that I've been able to data log without installing a .bin file, so how does that work?

And lastly TunerPro under the heading "Item list/General" shows my PROM ID as being "2247", is that my actual prom ID or is it getting that from the XDF or ADX file that I've loaded?