Yep I got a cable, loaded the drivers, played with it the night it showed up. The next morning I logged my drive to work. Looked at it at work (let's just say that I started at the guage cluster in tunerpro rt during every break and lunch), then logged it on the way home too. All of this was done on my 1989 V1500 suburban with 350/700R4 3.73 rear. I have not plugged into the lumina, but I did find (don't know if it is right or not) the (don't remember the names of the files) 3 files that are required for a computer to (don't know if I'm using the right language again) communicate with the lumina. The files were on this website. 3 things that need I need to advise on:
1. I can connect to this website with my pda, but I can log on and read, just can't input information. I can input information at another forum.

2. The lumina is a 4 door vehicle, and where it is there is no internet AT ALL.

3. I use another laptop to communicate with vehicles. That laptop does not have any connection to the outside world other then the disk that I load to it. I do this for a number of reasons, mostly for security, if I loose or the laptop is stolen I'm out 20 bucks, if this laptop is lost or stolen I'm out a few k's, including the information that is on it.

I said the thing about a torch because I am not a mechanic, well not professionally, I am a diesel fabricator. I only spin wrenches for myself, so a torch is my main tool of choice, and because a plasma is too damn loud!!! I mainly work on large detroit, and cat powered vehicles, but I have always been amazed at what a 25 year old truck is still capable of, and what could still be obtained out of 'passed over' technology. Granted this power plants are not as efficient as the newer motors, but I would like to begin to learn on something that is relatively cheap and plentiful to replace if I do a 'oops', compared to what I want to put in the truck. Eventually I want to dd my suburban but with a few added features, like a 6.0 rebuilt from the ground up, with twin turbos. Moderately producing 1000 horsepower, with a 4l80e and a 203/205 transfer case, I am currently building the new rear end from a $50 14 bolt that I aquired from the scrap yard. I will be attaching the truss (full width from spring perch to spring perch) hopefully by the end of the week. To top it all off I want it to sit on 40" tires. Not to much to dream for huh, I dreamed of this truck for many moons in a foreign land being home and building it, I have gotten to the point in my life (which by the way I never thought I would be alive by now) where I can think about it.

For years my buddies told stories that they were going to come home and buy the newest vette and the hottest split tails would just walk up and go for a ride, then they would ride them. Well, I told stories of a 'monster' 4x4, 30 years old looking like it just rolled off of the assembly line, but with the powertrain of a vette, with the capablity of a tank, and the agility of an airboat. That's what I'm building, and this is why I am learning.