I did notice this in the version I grabbed from github. Isn't there also a body control module in the vettes that can talk on the aldl?
yes, that's what 0xF1 is, as in force_raw_shutup_request(0xF1);

unless there's another one im not aware of...but apparently silencing the bus master is the ticket

I've read most of this thread but I have several irons in the fire at the moment so apologies if I overlooked the answer to this question, but has logging and / or flashing ever worked correctly on the y bodies without pulling CCM / BCM fuses?
i actually have no idea. i've never had any successful reports, only problems.

someone with a y-body needs to do some basic c++ testing in that loop. the CCM is not being silenced properly (at least that's what I assume...)

in a y-body, the CCM (at 0xf1 i think) is 'bus master', so once it shuts up, the heartbeat frame theoretically stops, and the bus is silent, so we can communicate.

as mentioned earlier in this thread, timing is critical. one secret for the f-body is three requests with a 75msec delay in between will always land on a dead spot in idle traffic (thanks garydoug for that one)

right now in y-body mode it waits for the first instance of silence and crams three shutup requests to the CCM in there, 75msec apart, then sends a redundant shutup request to the ECM. someone needs to dick around with the 75msec and maybe add a post-silence-searching delay of some arbitrary length and find a reliable way of landing our silence requests in dead space.

there's a function in the 'debug' screen of the latest versions to capture idle traffic and its related timing

i can assist with interpreting and modifying my code, and commit any changes to the main eehack branch, but as I don't have a vette im unable to do any testing, so i can't do much to solve this problem from my end.

maybe a serial dump of another tool that works successfully would help too.

When I first fired it up and logged an idle warm up sequence I noticed a few errors in the first few minutes of logged data, but about 5 minutes in the wheels came off and all sorts of errors cropped up - see frame 1098 below.
what probably happened is the CCM was never really silenced, so after a few requests it started slamming the bus again.

half duplex serial is a real bitch.