Thread: PCM Options for Supercharged 454 / 4L80E

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Dave, you've got the right idea with the chart for the two tables. The MAP voltage values in the table won't change, so the pressure they represent has to be adjusted. As long as you have a way to keep track of what your tuning you're good. I would probably get the definition file and ADX set up to show the correct values just to prevent a silly mistake but that may be because I've had more years to demonstrate to myself that I can actually make them. :) (I once accidentally set up a cal to enable lean cruise when in boost! I didn't hurt anything but it took a real effort to figure out why AFR was going leaner when the VE and PE tables were all set up for richer operation. )

Datamaster for $58 has checkboxes for OE 2 BAR cal or aftermarket 3 BAR cal. I wish it were more user configurable though. For $58 with DIS it doesn't display spark advance correctly. The displayed timing gets lower as spark advance increases! In order to get the correct values I have to subtract the reference angle from the displayed timing values. The result, without the sign, is the actual timing.

I seem to be having trouble with my digital camera. I've resorted to my cell camera.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images