Quote Originally Posted by 400_Fordman View Post
So glad to see someone else had the same idea as I did to convert a Ford 400 to gm efi! I just started my conversion, had no idea anyone else had tried until I googled for ford 400 knock sensor and your posts popped up. I'm a bit of a greenhorn when it comes to tuning but if i make any progress with mine, ill let you know. Perhaps we can work on it together. Im planning on using ebl flash. The only downside is my 400 is a 79, so it might tune different. Im still assembling mine at the moment, planning to start tuning in a month or so. I think your build is awesome BTW. Its really cool you took a full size car and went racing! :D
Always glad to help and let's work together wherever it helps! The backfire issue is mostly MAP AE vs. TPS AE, so tedious, tedious woring with the wideband o2 sensor to tune it out without going too rich. Additionally, the stainless steel cam gear on my $49 aftermarket dizzy ate up my stock camshaft, so I had to do some rebuilding work anyways and decided to stick a set of 1971-style flat top pistons into the engine to boost compression to 9.sometihng:1. I also decided to go for an Edelbrock cam instead of the stock one while I am at it. The rebuild hopefully will be done during Febrary. Then I'll be back at square one with my fueling tables anyways, so I'll let you know how it goes!