Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WBO2-Tuning Spreadsheet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    Hi Dave,

I'm sure there's an obvious answer but in the first two photos whats up with the values in the in the lower tables, they seem quite a bit different from the values in the upper tables?
    The values in the lower tables of the first two photo's are counts of how many records (data points) were recorded in that cell. For example the first photo "Near Idle" had 814 data points at 600 RPM's / 40 Kpa.

dave w

Wow quick reply! This helps. I will go back to 14.7 per your advice. Still not sure where this process is taking me.

When I am finished, will I have a tune that "makes power" by driving towards 12.3 at WOT and also runs fuel efficient by driving towards 15.3 (AFRs for E0 and as example) around cruise conditions (say 55 kPa and 1800 RPM)?

Basically what is the goal and final outcome of the tuning that this spreadsheet feeds into?

Stock engines with the stock chip are usually pleasant to drive and work well in a wide variety of driving conditions. Generally the stock engine and stock chip will have AFR ratios close to 14.7 +/- 0.5 AFR for a wide variety of driving conditions.

When an engine has been modified with performance parts, the stock chip does not provide a pleasant driving experience in a wide variety of driving conditions. Modified engines with a stock chip will not have 14.7 +/- 0.5 AFR's for a wide variety of driving conditions.

Modified engines need the Fuel Tables (also know as Volumetric Efficiency, VE Tables) corrected or re-calibrated to provide 14.7 +/- 0.5 AFR's for a wide variety of driving conditions.

The spreadsheet is a "Tool" that crunches the data log to show where the VE corrections are needed and calculates the required amount of change the VE table needs.

The spreadsheet is set up so the current VE Table in the .bin can be copy / pasted into the spreadsheet, then calculates the changes (from a data log using the current .bin file) so a "New" VE table can be copied / pasted into a new or updated .bin file.

Once the VE table is good, then it's time to adjust the PE and AE. The computer "Assumes" VE table is correct and adds extra fuel for AE and PE based on the VE table.

The spreadsheet will separate near idle VE and off idle VE when "Idle Flag" = ON.

dave w
    Last edited by dave w; 05-30-2017 at 07:16 AM.