Thread: Jumpy Signals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition! Dailydriver's Avatar

Jumpy Signals

Hi,

I tried to make my first measurement today using EE-16188051-V3.adx (should be correct, since I have an 16188051 ECU).
    All I get is pretty jumpy signals all over the place. Any ideas?
    I attached a short measurement...

Greetz,
    Tobias
    Attached Files Attached Files
    '95 Chevy Caprice LT1, B4U
    '95 Mini Cooper, TBI
    '66 Pontiac GTO
    '57 Ford Fairlane 500

I looked at your log and saw right away a bad connection? If you look at the mz down bottom it jumps up and downn from 4.xx to 8.xx hz, should be way more steady. My logs show 6.57 mostly to 8.20 hz but data is solid and steady. So I went out to my car and hooked up and got the same thing? Since I've used this several times and hooked up first shot every time I was surprised... anyway disconnect and reconnect and got a good conection. Worked on this and tested the engine connection and transmission connection, tried several things over a couple hours and was getting pretty frustrated so had to take a break. I am going to work on this some more tomorrow when I have time, no reason it was so stable and now not?

Anyway attached is best I could do for now. If when you connect your data is jumpy then just disconnect wait a second and reconnect and you should get good data. I did. Turned off car, restarted car and TunerPro several times and got a good connection first or second try. Why? I have no idea? Got a data log for engine then did a data log for trans. Sometimes it connects solid and steady first shot sometimes it takes a disconnect and connect from the button in TunerPro.
    Attached Files Attached Files

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I've been plauged with this same problem for a couple of months. there is no rhyme or reason it happens on two different computers and different aldl cables. checked all the grounds and connections nada. if I log with datamaster it doesn't jump around but if the sound is on it will just start making a dinging sound and show a bunch of error counts. I'm starting to think it is a port or driver problem maybe caused by an update.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Never thought of that?

I've been looking for a Panisonic Toughbook with XP to keep just for tuning. They still have serial ports and USB! No more USB converter to COM port update driver moving USB Com port...

Or maybe USB tech can catch up to what we need?

-= =-

Electronic Ignition! Dailydriver's Avatar
    Awwwwsome! Just disconnected and reconnected a couple times and it works fine... Thanks! I wonder if that happens if there are too many signals in the definition?

The only bad side is that I can't record the start since every time I start the engine, the frequency breaks down to ~4 or so again. But I can live with that.
    '95 Chevy Caprice LT1, B4U
    '95 Mini Cooper, TBI
    '66 Pontiac GTO
    '57 Ford Fairlane 500

I don't know? Since it seems to hook up second shot every time I tried changing the macros to run twice but that didn't work either. I've tried so many things set to 1 then 2 and it still takes twice sometimes? Set them to 3 and it freaks out!

The only bad side is that I can't record the start since every time I start the engine, the frequency breaks down to ~4 or so again. But I can live with that.
    Never tried that, maybe a weak battrey?

If you go to Acqusition then Edit Definition you can change the connection to Transmission connect and Monitor to Trans data and record trans data and MALF codes too. Same for Clear codes, it will clear codes.

-= =-