Thread: 1990 Chevy silverado Z71 5.7 TBI EFI, vortec heads with CSFI conversion. NEED HELP!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Exclamation 1990 Chevy silverado Z71 5.7 TBI EFI, vortec heads with CSFI conversion. NEED HELP!

Hi everyone, i have a Chevy 5.7 pickup, i decided to make a vortec conversion, with vortec mainfold and CSFI,as well as PCM/ECU black box. Decided to leave my trnsmission 4L60, and all the dashboard in it`s original state with all the in cabin wiring.

So i fully restored the engine, sandblasted and painted. Installed KB flat top pistons, comp cam 08-467-8, and all the vortec top, mainfold and spider injector.

After puting it all together, setting up all timing marks: Crank, TDC, Distributer (my distributer does not have hall sensor, only cam position sensor), and starting the engine up, i get misfires in the exhast, and by cheking with timimg light on crank, i misout 13°-15° earlier.
    So my question is, how to solve this issue, is it possible by adjusting through PCM/ECU Black Box the map sensor, to get a reasonable ignition spark timing? (or what else can i do to solve that)?

Second issue, i havent pluged in the gear box, for the PCM/ECU to recognize it, i wonder wht are the wire colors in dashboard, and to what plugs ant pins i should cconnect them to in my black box pin out?

At the last, i have taken my PMC/ECU to programmer, he has unsoldered the chip and soldered an addapter for the chip, so it can be taken off easialy, reprogrammed it. If i want to play with it myself, what softwear and pc link connector do you recomend me to use to programm it. Can i make a setup, like you guys do with the 411 PCM, where a usb cable is comming out of the PCM for direct programming?

Thank you all in advance for help!

Sincerely.
    Last edited by Aksl; 09-26-2016 at 09:50 AM.