Hey everyone. I've been lurking around this forum, and many others, for years. Seems I can find the answer or information I need easily by using various search bars. So, I never felt that it was necessary to register. I'm heavy equipment diesel mechanic by trade. In my off time, my friend and I work with each other on our trucks. I enjoy reading and learning about efi tuning, but have little actual experience. Hopefully that will change.

Meet the Hellbound Cannonball
My truck is 1998 k1500. It's sat for over 2 years (I consistently work 70+hrs/week, hard to get anything done) when the transmission shop was dicking me around, but I finally got it back together, and made a few minor adjustments with JET DST. It ran like scalded dog for a couple months, then developed a rod knock. Long story short, I'm currently putting together another engine for her. She's a daily driver, 4x4, sittin on 34"s, and occasionally tows (I'll probably be towing a moving trailer across the country early next year) so nothing too wild. Mostly stock except:

880 block, .020" over, 4 bolt mains
Flat tops, 4 valve reliefs
Ramjet/383 cam, 1.6 roller tips, LS7 springs
Long tube headers, 1 5/8 primary, 2.5 collector, true dual, no cats
Updated spider assembly
Custom tune by me (that's why I'm here)

i know all about the HT383E, and how much more torque it's has for towing. Maybe in the future. I'm not one of these guys trying to find out how to make a 450hp engine "on a budget". But since I already had this block and rotating assembly ready to go, I decided to mock the Ramjet 350. I'll eventually get the marine intake and injectors. And maybe a 0411. But for now, the stock intake and pcm will do. The stock tune should be fairly tolerant of my valve train setup until after the break in period. Then, I would like to calibrate it for optimum performance, and the most torque that is safely possible in the low-mid rpm ranges.

Hopefully, with y'all's help, I'll learn enough about tuning to make that possible.

Nick