Thread: 94-95 $EE xdf (EEXTRA)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    These are the most recent I have.
    I am still trying to list all the different operating systems used on 96-97 bins.
    I got some bins from the forum, but still far from complete list.
    Hi kur4o, can you export those databases to .i64 format? My IDA doesn't like the .idb files :( Thanks!

[EDIT]
    Nevermind, I managed to open those :)
    Last edited by dzidaV8; 03-15-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I guess you are trying the 64 bit version of IDA. it uses the i64 files. The 32 bit uses idb.

On 96-97 bins eside main loop is almost identical wih 94-95 bins. Some stuff and extra tables are added though.
    Tside is 2 bins in one file, first 32kb is same and the second 64kb is switched between two 32kb segments.
    So you got part1-32kb+part2.1-32kb
    and part1-32kb+part2.2-32kb.
    I did not dig enough to find how the switching is handled, but part2.1 and 2.2 use shared resources as ram, tables and addressing from the first 32kb.

There are some different calibrations. Routines are not much different but the relative addressing is mismatch, so you have to match the tables` addresses between different OS.

If you have a 96-97 PCM on hand you can try datalog through ALDL line. It has some built in messages, or you can patch one with the data structure from 94-95 PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    OK, I made some progress on this 96 dissassembly.
    Reflash is done by OBD2 VPW protocol, ALDL line is mainly used for communication with Vette CCM, there are datalog messages, but very limited. Most of the data is accessed thorough OBD2 PIDs.
    There's VPW 4X mode support, so the reflash should be quite fast. I'm beginning to think this will be a neat PCM to work with and great upgrade to $EE :) There are a LOT of PIDs to datalog and to choose from, so speedlog will be easy to do.