Calling all you smart ones with regards to the PCM code:

I have an idea of using one of the computers unused electrical ports to trigger a vacuum solenoid to control the fuel pressure... basically like creating a FMU. While most agree using a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator is a major undertaking to tune. If we only allow the vacuum to be applied to the regulator while in idle mode with like an egr solenoid inline of the vacuum hose to the regulator, and in the $OD there is already a separate VE map for idle, I can not think of how this could not be a simple solution for rich idle due to high fuel psi requirements of higher HP engines ? With this setup you can command not variable fuel pressure but two set pressures, one for idle and one for off idle. My problem is trying to figure out the best way to achieve the electrical control via the pcm. The A.I.R, EGR, Vari manifold, etc seem like a good place to start. But basically I only want an output while the "idle flag" is set. Is this something that could be achieved with little work to the code or manipulation of existing settings ? Please chime in with your thoughts.

Working on a '94 tbi chevy 355 with the 16197427 $OD computer and 4L60E transmission.