If it were me, I would swap in the 7747 and be done. Maybe a few tweaks here and there to the cal/bin. When swapping ecm/pcm's, always make sure the net resistor matches the engine family, i.e. v6-v6, v8-v8. Also, you mentioned sensors, you can retain your factory '288 sensors as they are the same as 7747 hardware. You can find the 7747 in most 88-91 Chevy/GMC trucks at most salvage yards fairly cheap(under $50) at pull-a-part places. Pulling it yourself insures what you get, full size trucks had the 7747 in v6 and v8 trim, if in doubt, run the .bin/BCC against the list for the 7747's. And don't fret too much if the truck you get it from is a manual trans and your is auto, you can change between the two in the .bin file with Tunerpro.

Installing the Moates adapter in the 7747 is pretty straight forward and easy to do even with minimal soldering skills.

But before you embark on the swap, verify all mechanical issues are squared away, otherwise you can chase your own tail for days, weeks...:-)

Buddrow