Thread: DIY LTCC or similar system for LT1s

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I got everything hooked up in the engine with ign on, while spinning the opti, so the est line should be fully functioning.
    By speaking to the est how it shoud be : connect it to the icm module all the time, disconnect it completely from the icm module. Can I run the engine for testing with stock icm and coil and connect cntroller to monitoring proper operation.

I am sure if the opti is spinned through the engine cranking there will be no problem at all.

The worst case scenario will be some very brief crank time that enable this condition and ign is left on. Than some coil can be left in constant charge state.
    I think the easiest way to prevent this is to turn low all outputs in the moment the low res signal is lost.
    A deeper analysis migth be needed to figure what might be causing it. Is it loss of sequence loss of est signal.
    I think it is the start of charge happened for a coil but the est line never got triggered. So it hangs in semi triggered state. The firing sequence didn`t completed by est but the coil have started to charge.

I will keep thinking about it and assemble everything for final testing. Still waiting for that china crap connectors. WIll have to figure a coil mounting too. driver side is piece of cake but passenger side is really cramped out.

Edit:
    I make a boil comparison of the 71* and 77* thermostat I have. The 71* supposed to be hypertech 160 degree is also made by motorad and have wider opening [34mm] and stiffer spring, so it doesn`t open too deep, while the 77* have slightly smaller 31mm opening but opens much deeper than the 71* due to weaker spring.
    Last edited by kur4o; 07-09-2020 at 11:38 PM.