Thread: Swap: 5.7 TBI -> Vortec heads EFI -> 0411 pcm with roadrunner from moates.net-HELP!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The third pic with the bunch of wires in hand... It's just like the movies...

Cut the green wire!

Mitch
    '95 Z28 M6 -Just the odd mod.
    '80 350 A3 C3 Corvette - recent addition.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal_Crazy View Post
    The third pic with the bunch of wires in hand... It's just like the movies...

Cut the green wire!

Mitch
    Lol, which one, they are all green...

Fuel Injected!
    what DTCs you have?

Fuel Injected!
    Hello NISANDA,

Thank you for your reply! The DTC_CNT is 6.IMG_20180114_002911_608.jpg

I have a total six fault codes, with the engine stall, wanted to perform a live scan, but my battery died, have to charge it now. Almost all faults are solenoids, becouse i am stil with 700r4 transmission, i havent yet installed the 4l60e, have it laying around, have to install.
    Well, in fact all of the fault codes are transmission codes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aksl; 01-14-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    An update on my scaning, today i have performed a live scan, i have uploaded the vid to youtube, here is a link: https://youtu.be/eqPkJdlSkrU

Well, on this video, it was not the first start of the engine, first start the engine started, went on high rpm, then lowered andshyt with an unstable idle. The socond start, same, but i have accelerated, and did not let it shut off. After it had warmed up a little, the third or forth start, thats where this video and scaning has been performed, it started with around 1300rpm, but in about a minute, it raised by it self until 2300-2400rpm, that it is usualy working at with the firmware you have shared. I`m right now reading alot from HPtuners site, since there are a lot of info for people who is just starting to get around tuning the pcm. But still alot to read, alot of comfusing information, i gues becouse it is not yet familiar to me, when i will know all the terms, and meaning, and will not have to every time to address back to the meaning of the terms, and what this or other thing means and does, it will be much easier for me to try and make changes to the tune being more confident that i will not birn my pcm ar the engine.
    I have an aftermarket cam, so i have to make setting (changes) to the tune taking that in to account, and as well that i have other then OEM engines heads installed, so there are some mathematics to do, i was even thinking of may be paying some tuning pro in us, like this guy at: http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com, to make me a tune, taking my set up in consideration, and then compairing the original, your tune file, with his, to see what has been changed. As an idea.
    It brakes my heart, starting an engine that does not work correctly, after i have build it up all new, pispons, rods, cam, and so on...
    Last edited by Aksl; 01-15-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Fuel Injected!

Still high RPM (((

Yesterday connected the tech ii scanner, well first - therd engine start, the engine idles at 1400 rpm, but in about 30 sec shut, i have to apply the accelerator to keep it running, but it still shuts, the 4th start i manage to keep it running by applying the accelerator, then it starts to reach extreamly high idle of 2300-2400rpm, and keeps runing at that speed, doesnt lower the idle at all. I have connected the tech ii, go to loop, and apply the open loop, the engine dropes the idle to 1250-1400 rpm, as soon as i exit the settings, it goes back to closed loop, rises back the rpm, and SHRTFT bank 1 & bank 2 goes up till 48%. I checked the firmware with tunercat, and it`s set to open loop.
    As well it sees the transmission on 3rd gear, all thaw it is not connected, i run the 700R4. If i disconect my IAC, it drops the idle to low 650-750rpm. Anyway, instead of describing all data, let me implement the pictures and an pdf for easier and more clear view. If anyone has any advice, it would be grate, i`m braking my head where to go from here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aksl View Post
    Yesterday connected the tech ii scanner, well first - therd engine start, the engine idles at 1400 rpm, but in about 30 sec shut, i have to apply the accelerator to keep it running, but it still shuts, the 4th start i manage to keep it running by applying the accelerator, then it starts to reach extreamly high idle of 2300-2400rpm, and keeps runing at that speed, doesnt lower the idle at all. I have connected the tech ii, go to loop, and apply the open loop, the engine dropes the idle to 1250-1400 rpm, as soon as i exit the settings, it goes back to closed loop, rises back the rpm, and SHRTFT bank 1 & bank 2 goes up till 48%. I checked the firmware with tunercat, and it`s set to open loop.
    As well it sees the transmission on 3rd gear, all thaw it is not connected, i run the 700R4. If i disconect my IAC, it drops the idle to low 650-750rpm. Anyway, instead of describing all data, let me implement the pictures and an pdf for easier and more clear view. If anyone has any advice, it would be grate, i`m braking my head where to go from here.
    First thing I would do is double check your IAC pinout at the PCM. You could have some wires swapped and that could be driving the stepper motor the wrong direction.

I have also never seen a correctly wired and running engine with those kind of fuel trim values, even with headwork, cam, headers, etc.

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you for your advice, will check it tomorrow, hmm, i didn't think of that!

I will as well double check the pcm connections, but normaly, since i used Lextech's swaping chart that was very precise. When i was making the swap, i was very careful, i have made stickers with pin and conector specified and marked every wire, plus double checked each wire that i was swaping. And the truck started up from first time.
    The mechanical & electrical part is not a problem, it's just time to find the problem, what is a problem for me is, if it's something to do with firmware, a specialy tables.
    Last edited by Aksl; 01-20-2018 at 11:27 AM.