Thread: 1995 lt1 M6 tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    EEhack will flash, so you can use it to do all the PCM connected work. You need Tunercat or Tunerpro to make tuning adjustments. You could use Tunercat to flash too, but it won't scan or log.

I did confuse Tunercat with Winflash earlier. It's been that long since I used either. I would not recommend Tunercat for editing your bin as it's definition file is somewhat outdated and missing a lot of parameters that are available with one of the many EEX files floating around here. Winflash is also unnecessary.

As far as a cable what I used was this. Unfortunately it's currently out of stock everywhere, but it already has the necessary buffer circuitry. All one has to do is solder RX+TX together and wire that to pin 9 of the aldl, and then connect ground to aldl pin 5.

Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
    I did confuse Tunercat with Winflash earlier. It's been that long since I used either. I would not recommend Tunercat for editing your bin as it's definition file is somewhat outdated and missing a lot of parameters that are available with one of the many EEX files floating around here. Winflash is also unnecessary.

As far as a cable what I used was this. Unfortunately it's currently out of stock everywhere, but it already has the necessary buffer circuitry. All one has to do is solder RX+TX together and wire that to pin 9 of the aldl, and then connect ground to aldl pin 5.

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge but a tunerCat/tunerpro aldl cable still requires soldering? I was under the impression they were out of the box hookups

Probably not, but paying $55-80 for something you can make for $30 is against my "religion". Also, I had all the parts I needed to make a cable in my parts drawer, which was a factor. So if you're intimidated by soldering buy a ready-made cable. Or, learn a new skill - it's easier than tying your shoes.

Trimalyzer does work for MAF tuning. I haven't messed with it since last fall so all the details are a little fuzzy, but unless you've changed sensors or modified any intake plumbing you shouldn't need to make very drastic changes to the MAF calibration.

I don’t mind soldering, I build rgb guage clusters and headlights. I just stay so busy at work it’s hard to find extra time. Time is more valuable than money to me. Intake is only slightly modified, cold air intake 52mmtb and air foil so I probably won’t have to worry. I researched and found a/c pressure is the best to tie in wideband

Fuel Injected!
    What you need is the adapter from the link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FT232RL-3-3...8AAOSwrklVMjIp

You can buy several and have spares. It is the best design from all usb to ttl and proved the most durable.
    Tie rx and tx lines and connect ground.

Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    What you need is the adapter from the link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FT232RL-3-3...8AAOSwrklVMjIp

You can buy several and have spares. It is the best design from all usb to ttl and proved the most durable.
    Tie rx and tx lines and connect ground.

All you have to do is tie ground and connect rx&tx? Heck why doesn’t everyone do that instead of $50-80 cables

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Excuse me for my lack of knowledge but a tunerCat/tunerpro aldl cable still requires soldering? I was under the impression they were out of the box hookups

Yes, if you buy a complete cable it will work without modifications. If it doesn't, you'd return it for a different one.

I'm not sure where you're looking but http://www.reddevilriver.com has a cable for a decent price.

Will trimalyzer work with maf system now or is it still speed density?