Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
Leave the altitude bias alone. Not sure why people just program this out with no knowledge of what it is actually there for or what they are doing by removing it. The weird datalog SA is because the logging aoftware is not recognizing a negative number. Zero'ing the bias is adding that much timing to the whole timing map. If it was a bias of 9.81 and you set it to zero, you have added nearly 10° across the entire spark map.
I had not messed with the altitude spark bias in the past, but it was set at 0.

the specs for the engine in its stock form calls for 0 timing and it is set at that...

i have changed out the module and had the alternator tested..
it seems that when i installed the engine in the buggy, i ran the "L" terminal from the alternator to a light bulb then to ignition power... this is how it is represented in the schematics.. in poking around i have seen where a resistor is wired in series with or instead of the lamp on the cs130d alternators and suspect that the bulb in the tracker dash doesnt pull the same amperage as the bulb in the sonoma dash.. i will be ensuring the charging system is operating properly before the next logging session..

do you know how to make the ecu retard the timing when trying to start the engine when it is hot?

thanks, in advance!