Also speaking of pumps, When the vehicle was backfiring and sputtering during trying to find out if this or that .bin was gonna work I knew it sure felt lean and no power. I didn't know wether it in fact was and it seemed impossible that it could be, since I had just replaced the pump and stariner in the early diagnostics with a factory DELCO 386 or 381 whatever it was and strainer. I usually keep both the 96' and up Truck pump and the one for TBI just for general purposes. Now I just kinda stumbled upon it needing a pump on top of everything else, by running the pressure test FIRST, since thats what it felt like at first. Whats the strangest thing is it was running fine for the customer prior to the engine swap, and he mentioned nothing about either shifting issues or power problems. Just the fact the enginge needed to come out and EVERY gasket on it replaced due to oil pouring out, and the timing chain being able to almost touch together when sqeezed in the middle....so I actually talked him into the swap since I basically would need to build an engine it might as well be the 350 sitting in the corner of the shop. That's how it started. When I took the fuel filter off to due the test it was immediately clear someone had put a top quality chinese filter on it that when shaken made a quaint rattle paint can sound, which might have explained the fact it had been running on 2 psi of pressure,...yes 2 psi of pressure, for I have no idea how long. But over my carreer I've seen some TBI's run at that astonishingly low pressure, and the customer is definitely a speed limit obeyer on his way to church every Sunday, which might be why he didn't mention any issues other than the oil pourin out! So I thought "well since it's gotta have the injectors swapped from V-6 to V-8, and this tune's being cantankerous, I'll play it safe and use the adjustable regulator setup I had used with success on my 383 build with the hogged out TBI and 454 injectors"..... dammit at 12.8 volts, and the regulator cranked all the way down, that DELCO can only manage a measly 11 psi a fuel pressure, and that was DEADHEADED!!!!! So since I've been independant mostly working all makes and models for about 15 yrs I'll have to throw my hat in the DENSO ring. It just seems not a single manufacturer can make decent reliable ANYTHING these days. Carter, Delco, Airtex, Bosch all have taken a nosedive on quality and reliability. And to me it's not just degrading quality of pumps and such, but rather everything seems cheaper and more expensive. Getting harder to go with brand X you use to count on. I purchased a timing set by "Cloyes", the american company that's been around for longer than I have been alive, and I probably first used in 1985 Autoshop in high school. It was for the depressingly engineered 3.6 Cadillac SRX I think, and even though MOST of the parts in the really complex kit looked good to me, there was that one double sprocket idler that I could tell didn't match the othe component's in the kit. It went about 5 min before I shut it down just in time to NOT have to buy that cust a new engine. It had seized and snapped off the bolt.but the case wouldn't let it get far enough out to bend any valves. I called the company to express my shock at what happened only to find they know about the poor quality parts causing issues ....... but yet they are still selling the kit........knowing. SERIOUSLY guy admitted they knew which was just even more depressing. They warrantied the part but I chose to go back with the I believe 6th design factory GM components at three times my quoted price. The sun is out today, I was smart enough to grab that diode or rectifier(?) right by my trucks ECM that when I think the TCC on the truck tried to engage or whatever had blown, I got a new ESC module, and hopefully my G1 adapter and 24 pin prom socket conversion and a new calibration will cure my Blues.... that and some good music....Black Label Society or VolBeat or Shamans Harvest..... yeah gonna be a good day!