Thread: Uber-easy DIY USB ALDL Cable

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator
    http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

grab the driver from here. install is pretty quick and simple.

then setup the correct COM port in tunerpro, load the right ADX and you're pretty much ready to go.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Wat can i use toflash it . I downloaded winflash but i cant find it

Fuel Injected!
    I downloaded the driver set to com3. tested it said found but at the bottem it says hardware not foound

Super Moderator
    hardware not found message is normal, that's referring to the autoprom, BURN1/2 and ostrich.

Fuel Injected!
    O ok how can i program my ecm i have windows 8 but i download winflash but cant find The program in the C.A.T.S folder just says unstall winflash No appacation

Super Moderator
    wouldn't know, i don't deal with anything CATS related.... someone else will have to answer that.

Fuel Injected!
    Lol do u know any other programs i can use to flash a 95 lt1

Super Moderator
    i use the Madtuner stuff for the 93-95 flash V6 PCMs, but it's also capable of dealing with the 94-95 LT1 PCM as well, just not sure if you can get that functionality seperately.

Fuel Injected!
    So i can use madtuner on mine

Super Moderator
    yes, though you may need to purchase the capability to use it with the V6 application as well, i don't remember if it's sold seperately.

i always had issues with the CATS software on anything newer than WinXP, so i didn't bother with it for too long.

Fuel Injected!
    Is there any other program for free or trail i only need it once so i dont wanba pay

Right click on the TunerCat Winflash icon and choose compatibility mode, look towards bottom for Change for all users and click, use windows XP service pack 3, OK, exit and give it a try. Have cable plugged in and open Winflash and choose setup, comm port and should be there. If so you should be OK...

If not...

Uninstall TunerCat WinFlash and before you install right click, compatibilty mode and Windows XP service pack 3. After install you may have to do the same for the WinFlash Icon again.

You have to pay the $20 for registration or it won't work...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    I need help, if someone could pm me I would greatly appreciate it. I bought this cable Feanteek USB to TTL Serial Cable 3.3V FT232RL UART Converter with TTL-232R-3V3,Pitch 6 Way Header, Works with Galileo Gen2 Boards/BeagleBone Black/Minnowboard Max and More FTDI Cable 3.3V https://a.co/d/96R8zHH , but can’t get tunerpro to find it. I changed the com port to match and when I hit the acquire button the leds in the cable will flash but it still says that nothing is connected in tunerpro. I’m starting to get frustrated, I should’ve just bought a premade cable but I’m stubborn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In Tunerpro try testing using Tools - Preferences - Click the Data Acq.Emulation tab at the top of the pop up box - then click "Configure Plug In Component" - Then "Test For Valid Interface Using Settings". If the program finds the cable, then the cable is working. If the program doesn't find the cable, the cable isn't working, or the settins are wrong. Not also - The cable output has to be wired correctly for this test to pass.