Thread: Wanted: someone to test a 1227727

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    well if you would like come on but im telling you im no tuner just a tinkerer lol but come on anytime you like
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

Fuel Injected!
    Still need it tested?

I just got done making a test harness like the guys showed above. I plan on putting it to use this weekend test them out. I have already tested a 7730, so I know my harness is good.
    Thanks for the offer.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

How did this post end up in here? It was in the for sale/wanted section.

But this test harness has turned out to be a handy project. It started life as a hacked 7730 tip harness. I replaced the missing plugs, straightened it out, ran all my power and ground wires to some clips, then cut and spliced in plugs for a 7727, and 7427. Now I can test any of those 3 ecm's with the same harness. I have a coil hooked up and used a distributor to test the system. I simply held a large gauge ground wire aprox 1/4in away from coil post and watched the light show..lol

Today I tested the 3 7727's I have, found 2 were fine, and 1 was bad. Its already starting to pay off! I then pulled the IAC and MAT from my jeep 4.0 to test them. Found the MAT has incorrect ohm range, and found the correct pinout for the jeep iac. It has the same 4 wire flat connector as lots of the gm ones, but its obviously wired differently. I hooked it up with the gm pinout and it wouldnt work. I compared the diagrams from the jeep and the gm and hooked it up how I thought it should be, but still did not work. Tired a different combanation and it worked backwards, finally tried it another way and got it working! Wrote down the correct combo.
    Next I plan seeing if I can get the jeep speed sensor to work.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

I moved it as it seemed a strange thread in clasifieds?

Great work on testing Jeep sensors! Dosen't $8D have some VSS scalers to adjust if Jeep is differant PPM?

Cool doing work on bench and testing things before install on vehicle, isn't it? Man it has saved me tons of time while much easier to work with. All installs since doing it this way have been turn key run, no error code!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Yea, if I hadnt been able to test the IAC and find the right pinout for it, I would have just hooked it up on the jeep based on what I thought would be right based off the wiring diagrams, and it wouldnt have worked. Man that would be a headache trying to fix it then!!
    Found out the CTS also has the wrong ohm readings, however the jeep CTS is identical to the gm one, same thread size and all, so it will just swap right in.

The jeep vss is 8ppm, and the 7727 8D looks for a 4ppm, I think robert said I can raise the road speed constant. However, the 7727 vss is magnetic, and the jeep one is hall effect. Robert also said I should be able to install a capicter and be able to use it, so I am gonna try that. Having the test harness will allow me to do so before I even touch the jeep.
    Gonna try and work out as many kinks as I can before I install. And although I am pretty sure it will work fine, I still need to test the TPS, I just dont have a spare plug for it, and the pins/connector are completely different from the gm ones. Jeep already uses a gm MAP sensor...lol